Vaquero Rawhide Cream® Gallon
Rawhide Braiders Buy VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® by the Gallon
VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® — was developed for a market that has long been neglected — the need for a reliable rawhide dressing that restores and protects the integrity of rawhide tack. Protects rawhide from water, wear and sun.
Cleans and Conditions Fine Rawhide and Leather
Although originally created to clean and condition rawhide, our customers have discovered that VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® is ideal for: saddle strings, motorcycle leathers, tooled leather, English and Paso Fino saddles, brief cases, exotic leather boots and kangaroo.
VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® is still handmade, by the Holes family, with the original 1976 recipe of second-generation, expert saddle maker Gerald Ray Holes.
Second-Generation Saddle Maker Gerald Ray Holes created Vaquero Rawhide Cream® in the 1970's to clean, soften and preserve rawhide reins, bosals, reatas, hondos and other rawhide buckaroo gear.
Even though it's our newest leather care product, (Saddle Butter® was created by Ray Holes in 1936,) Vaquero Rawhide Cream® is a top seller worldwide. Leather lovers have found a growing list of uses for this refined, light leather and rawhide dressing. It's perfect to clean, preserve and condition: rawhide tack, saddle strings, Western, English and Paso Fino saddles, car seats, brief cases, purses, and exotic leather boots.
Cleaning Rawhide Reins with VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM®
- Use a soft brush to remove buildup of dirt, dried sweat, hair, etc.
- Lather on a light coat Vaquero Rawhide Cream® with a little warm water. (Water temperature: if you can put your hand in the water, it's safe for cleaning rawhide. Up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Don't immerse the rawhide in water.
- Where the rawhide braid crosses, use a soft brush (tooth brush or nail brush) to work out the dirt.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
- Hang reins and let rawhide air dry in the shade.
- Do not dry rawhide in the sun or with direct heat.
Conditioning with Vaquero Rawhide Cream®
- After rawhide is dry, apply a light coat of Vaquero Rawhide Cream® with a soft cloth, sheep skin swatch or with your hand.
- Using your hand to apply Vaquero Rawhide Cream® works well. The warmth of your hand helps distribute and penetrate the rawhide cream.
Really, Really Important:
It's best to use a light coat of Vaquero Rawhide Cream® and add more later, if needed. It's not possible to tell how much of this rich dressing is being absorbed until the next day.
- Let reins hang straight overnight.
- Next day: Work in any excess conditioner with your hands, then buff with a soft, clean cloth or sheep skin swatch to remove any conditioner that isn't absorbed into rawhide.
- Apply more light coats of Vaquero Rawhide Cream® until reins are the softness you want.
Everyday Maintenance of Rawhide ReinsNothing will get rawhide reins perfectly clean.
- After each ride, gently wipe off the buildup of dirt/sweat/hair/etc. with a soft cloth.
- If there is visible dirt and sweat, you can use warm water and a light lather of Vaquero Rawhide Cream® to clean — just be sure to let the rawhide slowly dry out of the sun after cleaning.
- Apply a light coat of Vaquero Rawhide Cream® after cleaning to replenish and condition the rawhide.
What People are Saying about VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM®